The Shire of Tenterfield sites astride the Great Dividing Range at the northern end of the New England Tableland amid a contrast of rugged mountain beauty and the serenity of rural landscapes.
- Population (whole of Shire) - 6,996 (ABS 2014)
- Located 770 km north of Sydney and 270 km south of Brisbane on the junction of New England & Bruxner Highways and Mount Lindesay Road
- Villages within the Shire are Drake, Jennings, Legume, Liston and Urbenville
- Area - 7,333sq kms
- Tourist Information Centre is able to provide visitors with information on the attractions of the Shire
Tenterfield is famous for:
- Sir Henry Parkes Federation Speech 1889 - "Birthplace of the Nation"
- Entertainer Peter Allen - "Tenterfield Saddler"
- Bald Rock National Park