The role of the Shire Anzac Centenary Steering Committee is to provide advice and inform the Tenterfield Shire Council on commemorative and ceremonial activities for the Anzac Centenary for the period 2014-2018.
The Tenterfield Shire Council Anzac Centenary Committee was established by resolution on 27th February with the terms of reference amended by the following document:
The addition of the Anzac Centenary tab and folders on the Councils website is a project of this committee. The objective is to compile a single list of veterans from the Memorials and Honour Boards from within the Shire as a focus. This list will be expanded to include the names of all the veterans who participated in World War 1 by combining information from descendants, from relatives and the Australian National Archives.
This website will
- Link to WW1 Veteran List that acknowledges and commemorates the sacrifice of the veterans with a link to the National Archives.
- display Photographs of Memorials and Honour Boards of the Shire
- display photographs and digitised material of memorabilia
- provide useful links and information for further study
- Gallery - photographs and digitised material of related subjects
The committee will encourage and support other events to help develop increased awareness of war time activities both at home and abroad, enabling people to make better decisions.