Council has undertaken a review of the operation of its Committees to ensure demonstration of clear links with the goals of Council’s Delivery Program, while meeting required standards of governance.
Meeting details and times for all Community Committees and Engagement Forums will be advertised in “Your Local News” and on Council’s website.
To facilitate and encourage community participation, a new Committee structure has been adopted as one way in which citizens can become involved. Becoming a member of one of the following Committees is a great way to contribute to our community:
- Tenterfield Saleyards Advisory Committee;
- Aboriginal Advisory Committee;
- Heritage Advisory Committee;
- Anzac Centenary Steering Committee; and
- Disability, Inclusion & Access Advisory Committee.
Community Engagement Forums
Council has also established the following Community Engagement Forums with focus on the following areas:
- Our Society – covering areas of Library Services, Community Development, Swimming Pool, Sporting Grounds & Facilities, Public Buildings & Amenities, Public Health, Cemeteries, Regulation & Animal Control and Emergency Services.
- Our Environment – covering areas of Environmental Management, Waste Management, Parks & Open Space, Water Supplies, Sewerage Services, Stormwater & Drainage and Development Control.
- Our Economy – covering areas of Tourism & Promotion, Economic Development, Land Use Planning, Sealed Road Network, Unsealed Road Network, Bridges & Culverts, Footpaths & Cycleways, Quarries and Plant & Equipment.
Register of Committees - Outlines Council's committee structure and the representatives/delegates for each Committee for 2016/2017. The Guidelines outline how the Community Committees will function.
Terms of Reference for Council Committees