Information regarding permanent identification throught microchipping.
Under the Companion Animals Act 1998, owners of puppies/kittens and certain groups of dogs/cats must now take two steps to permanently identify their animals:
- Step one - permanent identification through microchipping
- Step two - lifetime registration with a local council
What Animals Need to be Microchipped?
The following groups of dogs/cats must be permanently identified through microchipping:
- Dogs/cats born, sold or given away after July 1999
- Puppies/kittens must be microchipped before they are 12 weeks old
- Dogs/cats not currently registered with a local council
Microchipping costs $60.50 per animal.
- Mark Cooper
- Phone: 0411 864 042
- Fax: (02) 6736 6005