Membership, loans and renewals, reservations and Inter-library loans
Membership is free to permanent residents of Tenterfield and surrounding Shires. Proof of identify and current address (eg Driver's Licence) is required and persons under 18 need their application to be signed by a parent or guardian.
Parents should note that the Library is not responsible for children left unattended.
Loans & Renewal
- The standard loan period is 4 weeks. A total of 10 items may be borrowed at one time.
- Borrowers must produce their membership card to borrow items.
- The Loan period may be extended by the Library, by telephone (02 6736 6060) or via the online catalogue, provided that items have not been reserved by another borrower.
- An after-hours return chute is located near the entrance of the Tenterfield Library for the convenience of borrowers.
- Items can be renewed online through the OPAC (maximum twice) provided there are no reservations on the item
Overdue items attract a fine of 15 cents per item per day. (Or as prescribed in Council fees and charges)
Reservations of items for loan are free of charge and may be made in the Library or via the online catalogue. Borrowers will be notified when the items become available for collection. Items will be held for 7 days following borrower notification.
Items which are not held by the Tenterfield Library can be requested from other libraries. One-way postage will apply, plus any fee charged by the lending library.
- Library Circulation Desk
- Phone: 02 6736 6060
- Fax: 02 6736 6065