This information is for people affected by the Northern NSW Fires
Media Release - Donations - Tenterfield's Fire Emergency
Joint Media Release from The Hon David Littleproud MP and The Hon David Elliot MP - Notice of Natural Disaster Declaration - 7 September 2019
If you are on Facebook, follow NSW Disaster Recovery Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/NSWDisasterRecovery/
And monitor the NSW Emergency Page - https://www.emergency.nsw.gov.au/Pages/for-the-community/disaster-assistance/disaster-assistance.aspx
For up to date local information on fires, please go to Fires Near Me
Rural Fire Services
RFS website links below:
Legal Aid NSW
Legal Aid NSW can give you free legal advice if you are affected by storms, floods, or bushfires in New South Wales. For example, we can help if:
- your home has been damaged by floods or fire (help is available to both owner and tenant)
- you have insurance or repair problems
- your job has been affected by the floods or fires
- you need help renegotiating credit commitments due to loss of income from the disaster
What you should do - insurance claims
The insurance claims process can be tricky. Remember that you always have a right to lodge a claim and also to have your refused claim reviewed internally or independently at the Financial Ombudsman Service - your rights exist even where your insurer doesn't agree with you.
So it's a good idea to lodge an insurance claim even if you are unsure about the cover.
- Keep a record of damage - take photos and videos where possible.
- Carefully check the wording of their insurance policy and, if in doubt, get legal advice before speaking to claims assessors, who usually visit on site.
- Make sure that premiums have been paid in full, or are up to date, before lodging any claim because premium shortfalls may affect payment.
Your home insurance policy may cover the costs of your temporary accommodation if you can no longer live in your home. Check with your insurer as early as possible.
If your insurer doesn’t agree with you about your claim, ask them to put their refusal in writing to you with reasons. You should get legal advice if you are unsure about your cover.
RoadInfo - Road Conditions for Northern NSW
Real time road infomation for northern NSW.
RoadInfo includes road information on the following Shire Council areas:
- Clarence Valley
- Richmond Valley
Animal Welfare Assistance
Bushfire affected landholders requiring emergency fodder, emergency water, livestock or domestic animal assessment are being urged to call the Agricultural and Animal Services Hotline on 1800 814 647.
The NSW Department of Primary Industries (DPI) and Local Land Services are providing assistance to landholders to manage animal welfare-related issues including:
- Emergency fodder
- Emergency stock water (where there is an immediate animal welfare concern)
- Animal assessment and veterinary assistance
- Stock euthanasia and burial
- Livestock feeding and management advice
- Care of animals in evacuation centres
For concerns about pets, companion animals and wildlife please also contact 1800 814 647.