19 August 2021
Residents and people driving through Tenterfield are currently able to access news on road closures, diversions and works through an App which has extensive reach into the Shire.
The MyRoadInfo App and website allow road-users to “make informed decisions when travelling”, particularly during unexpected weather events, roadworks and the like.
The provision of road information in one central place has been tested recently with fires and floods in the area, so changes to the App are vitally important for the community to keep abreast of.
So news that MyRoadInfo is merging with Live Traffic NSW is of vital importance to the community.
Live Traffic NSW is provided by Transport for NSW and is a combined source of information for State Roads, Local Roads and includes feeds from the Rural Fire Service and NSW Health.
How this change will unfold
- The MyRoadInfo website is being decommissioned and in future will be redirected to the Live Traffic NSW website (https://www.livetraffic.com/).
- The MyRoadInfo iOS and Android apps are to be removed from their respective app stores and no longer supported.
- Please download and use Live Traffic NSW mobile apps, they now include a local government roads layer for MyRoadInfo member councils.
The benefits of MyRoadInfo merging with Live Traffic NSW include:
- Live Traffic NSW now supports showing local road information. This means that any information that was provided by MyRoadInfo will be available on the Live Traffic NSW system.
- The Live Traffic NSW system is designed to support the high traffic load during extreme weather events. This will ensure that the system will continue to run smoothly during emergencies.
- Live Traffic NSW will continue to invest in adding new features and functionality and expand its use across other local government areas soon.
It is envisaged that the merge with Live Traffic NSW will lead to an overall better customer experience with some exciting new features being developed.
For the latest traffic information, download Live Traffic NSW for iOS and Android or visit www.livetraffic.com.