This information is for people affected by the Northern NSW Fires
If you have been impacted by the recent fire events, please download and read this Fact Sheet. This will be updated regularly.
Use of Retardant during firefighting operations - Community Information Sheet.
Support for Small Businesses Affected by Natural Disasters: New England and North West NSW - Information Sheet.
Landholder Contact List - Northern Tablelands Feb Fires - Information Sheet.
Media Release from Hon Barnaby Joyce MP Office - Australian Government Assistance following New England Bushfires.
Telstra Disaster Information Package - Telstra announced an assistance package for its residential and small business customers in northern NSW who have lost services due to bushfires across the Tingha and Tabulam area.
Blaze Aid coming to Tenterfield.
Bush Fire Recovery - Community Meetings for Drake and Tabulam - Flyer with Information
If you are on Facebook, follow NSW Disaster Recovery Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/NSWDisasterRecovery/
And monitor the NSW Emergency Page - https://www.emergency.nsw.gov.au/Pages/for-the-community/disaster-assistance/disaster-assistance.aspx
For up to date local information on fires, please go to Fires Near Me
RFS website links below:
Legal Aid NSW
Legal Aid NSW can give you free legal advice if you are affected by storms, floods, or bushfires in New South Wales. For example, we can help if:
- your home has been damaged by floods or fire (help is available to both owner and tenant)
- you have insurance or repair problems
- your job has been affected by the floods or fires
- you need help renegotiating credit commitments due to loss of income from the disaster
What you should do - insurance claims
The insurance claims process can be tricky. Remember that you always have a right to lodge a claim and also to have your refused claim reviewed internally or independently at the Financial Ombudsman Service - your rights exist even where your insurer doesn't agree with you.
So it's a good idea to lodge an insurance claim even if you are unsure about the cover.
- Keep a record of damage - take photos and videos where possible.
- Carefully check the wording of their insurance policy and, if in doubt, get legal advice before speaking to claims assessors, who usually visit on site.
- Make sure that premiums have been paid in full, or are up to date, before lodging any claim because premium shortfalls may affect payment.
Your home insurance policy may cover the costs of your temporary accommodation if you can no longer live in your home. Check with your insurer as early as possible.
If your insurer doesn’t agree with you about your claim, ask them to put their refusal in writing to you with reasons. You should get legal advice if you are unsure about your cover.
RoadInfo - Road Conditions for Northern NSW
Real time road infomation for northern NSW.
RoadInfo includes road information on the following Shire Council areas:
- Clarence Valley
- Richmond Valley