As Tooloom Creek is now at 50% capacity, Council has enacted the Drought Management Plan and issued the town of Urbenville with Level 3 Water Restrictions to come into force on Monday, 9 December 2019.
Level 3 Water Restrictions are a high water restriction level and are designed to reduce normal daily household consumption by at least 20%, with a target of 200 – 300 litres per person per day. During this stage, policing of the Restrictions is implemented and fines able to be issued.
The Level 3 Water Restrictions for domestic or residential properties include:
· No use of fixed hoses or sprinklers for gardening;
· No fixed hoses for washing cars or cleaning hard surfaces;
· Restricted use of approved micro sprays / garden watering systems to 1 hour a day, limited to between 6:30 pm and 7:30 pm daily Daylight Saving Time; and between 4:30 pm and 5:30 pm Eastern Standard Time
· Restricted use of hand held hoses to 2 hours a day, limited to between 5:30 pm and 7:30 pm daily Daylight Saving Time; and between 4:30 pm and 6:30 pm Eastern Standard Time
· The filling of swimming pools and spas continues to banned.
Commercial properties will be subject to more restrictions, including:
· Public gardens, sporting grounds, show grounds can use hand held hoses between for 2 hours between 5:30 pm and 7:30 pm daily Daylight Saving Time; and between 4:30 pm and 6:30 pm Eastern Standard Time.
· Nurseries can use hand held hoses between for 4 hours between 6:30 pm and 6:30 am daily Daylight Saving Time and Eastern Standard Time.
· Market Gardens can use sprinklers for 4 hours between 6:30 pm and 6:30 am daily Daylight Saving Time and Eastern Standard Time.
· The washing of motor cars, operation of fountains and auto flush toilets/urinals is BANNED.
· Water carters require Council Approval.