Council’s Staff regularly attend to customers at all the Waste Transfer Stations in the Shire. Sometimes staff have to remind patrons that poor behaviour is not tolerated. To ensure that Council staff and customers are treated with respect Council employs a code of conduct and conditions of entry at the waste facilities these are placed as signage at the front gates and at the entry of Tenterfield’s waste transfer station these being;
- Please report to the operator upon arrival.
- No abusive behaviour will be tolerated, police will be contacted.
- Entry to this facility is a privilege, not a right.
- The operators have the right to refuse entry and/or to reject loads.
- Visitors must obey signs and/or directions from staff.
- Children under the age of 12 and animals must remain in your vehicle at all times.
- No scavenging is allowed at any time.
- No removal of goods off site without authorisation.
- This is a smoke free facility. No smoking is permitted onsite.
- Property is under 24 hour surveillance.
- No cash is kept on site.
Failure to follow these conditions will result in you being asked to leave this site. Continual disregard of these conditions will result in you being banned from the facility.