For latest emergency updates Click Here

Lodge a Development Application

If you're planning to build or renovate, it's likely you'll need to submit a Development Application (DA) to gain consent from Council. A DA is a formal request for consent to carry out a proposed development, such as building, earthworks, landscaping and other works, demolishing a structure, changing the use of land, subdividing land or strata subdividing buildings and adjusting property boundaries.

Your DA must be approved before work can begin on your development.

Need help?

For advice on Development Applications, contact our Planning Department on 02 6736 6002.

If you are having difficulty using the NSW Planning Portal, please refer to the quick reference guides or contact ServiceNSW on 1300 305 695.

Exempt and complying development

Some types of development do not require approval from Council.

For more information on exempt and complying developments, refer to the State Environmental Planning Policy (Exempt and Complying Development Codes) 2008

Need a Construction Certificate?

A Construction Certificate certifies that your chosen design and construction materials comply with the Building Code of Australia, and associated standards and codes, and the development is consistent with your Development Application.

A Construction Certificate must be obtained before starting construction and can be issued by Council or a private certifier. You can apply for a Construction Certificate as part of your Development Application, or after your Development Application has been approved.