Council has implemented strict protocols to ensure we comply with directions issued by government in relation to managing the COVID 19 risk. These protocols apply to our staff, our customers and visitors to our premises, and councillors alike. Please be understanding that we will do our best to maintain services and help in what are unique and challenging circumstances.

For all your questions on COVID-19, please click here

The Department of Communities and Justice has information about the law on dividing fences. It also gives you information about boundary disputes and retaining walls. It can help you if:

  • you want to build, fix or replace a dividing fence
  • you have a disagreement with your neighbour about a dividing fence​
  • you have a disagreement with your n​eighbour about where the common boundary between your properties is
  • you want to build a retaining wall.​