- The bin sticker competition is open to residents in Tenterfield Shire Council
- For all purposes ‘resident’ is described as someone who has lived in the Shire for a minimum of six months at the time of this competion closing.
- The judges and their immediate families are ineligible to enter the competition
- Tenterfield Shire Council (TSC) reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry which, in the opinion of TSC, includes objectionable content, profanity, potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory statements, any entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these terms and conditions or who has, in the opinion of TSC, engaged in conduct in entering the promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of TSC. TSC reserves the right to disqualify a winner if TSC becomes aware that the winner and/or the winner’s entry is of a type described in this clause.
Opening and closing dates
- Opening date for entries is 9am (AEST), 27 of April, 2020
- Closing date for entries is 11:59pm (AEST), 17 of May 2020
How to enter
- Create entry (drawing or photograph)
- Ensure your entry meets the submission requirements
- Visit the submission page and fill in the forms
- Accept the terms and conditions
- Image must be of original work
- Maximum image size is 5MB
- Image must be in JPEG format
There are four categories described as following:
- Preschool (aged 0-5)
- Primary School – only students that are enrolled in primary school are eligible. Primary school must be identified including the age of the entrant
- High School – only those students that are enrolled in a high school are eligible between years 7 to year 12. The Secondary school must be identified including the age of the entrant
- Open – open to residents of Tenterfield Shire Council and not enrolled in a school listed above.
Copyright and image use
- The entrant must be the creator of the submitted images
- All Copyright remains with the photographer/entrant
- By entering the competition and accepting the terms and conditions you agree that you hereby license the rights to use your photo submission to TSC and its associated partners on any of its websites or social media channels, or for advertising and promotion of its products, services, and/or its company in any media now known or hereafter developed in perpetuity in exchange for no compensation of any kind. You also give TSC permission to use the image for the purpose of creating a bin sticker for distribution in exchange for no compensation of any kind.
- It is the entrant’s responsibility to protect their work from third parties by entering (but not limited to) metadata into the image. TSC will not be liable for any misuse of images.
- Entries will be Judges based on the theme relevant to the category which may include:
- Relevance of the submitted image to the theme
- Artistic interpretation of the theme
- Originality of the submission
- Judges’ decisions are final and no further correspondence will be entered into.
- Winners will be announced on 25 May 2020 and winners will be contacted by email.
- Prizes will be as follows:
- First prize for all categories: Mega Muncher worm habitat + a goodie bag
- Second prize for all categories: Worm café + a goodie bag The worm cafés were donated by Granite Borders Landcare Committee
- TSC reserves the right to request winners to provide proof of identity and proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address. Identification considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of TSC.
- TSC shall endeavour to contact the winners via email within one week of the announcement of the awards.
- In the event that the winners cannot be contacted after one month, the winner will forfeit any prize. Their entry will still be printed on the bin stickers.
- TSC collect entrants’ personal information for the purpose of conducting and promoting this competition (including but not limited to determining and notifying winners). TSC will handle your personal information with respect and will not release this information to third parties without prior consent of individuals.
- TSC reserves the right to refuse a winner to take part in any or all aspects of the prize, if TSC determines, in their absolute discretion, that a winner is not in the mental or physical condition necessary to be able to safely participate in the prize. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by TSC in its absolute discretion.
- TSC will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
- TSC is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by the phone user or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this competition, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of this competition including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
- If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any causes beyond the control of the promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate and/or modify.
- The entrant indemnifies TSC against any claim, legal or otherwise that may arise out of publication of images.
- By entering images into this competition, the entrant guarantees TSC that all the above Terms and Conditions have been met.