PROPERTY OWNER RESPONSIBILITIES
Trees, planting & landscaping
- Trim bushes, trees and grass that block access or cover the meter.
- Minimize planting in the area where technicians must travel to access the meter.
- Remove all low-hanging branches over the meter box.
- Do not bury or mulch, gravel, or pave over your meter.
- Keep pets away from meter and the path that leads to your meter.
- If technicians are unable to access the meter due to an unsecured dog, arrangements must be made with the property owner to return at another time.
- No objects should cover or block access to the meter box. This includes lawn ornaments, flower boxes, rocks, garbage cans, recycling bins etc.
- Paving, fencing, decking and other structures should not cover the meter.
- Avoid parking vehicles, trailers and construction equipment over the meter.
- Ensure that meters are not blocked by locked gates or fencing.
- Make sure your home’s address is clearly displayed on your residence.
- This also assists emergency personnel who may need to access your home in the event of an emergency.