For latest emergency updates Click Here

Fire Recovery

Fire Recovery Information Factsheet

Notice of Natural Disaster Declaration – 7 September 2019 – Joint Media Release from The Hon David Littleproud MP and The Hon David Elliot MP

NSW Government Bushfire Clean-Up Meets Initial June 30 Target as Rebuild Begins – Media Release from Deputy Premier John Barilaro

Bushfire Recovery Clean-up June 30 Progress Fact Sheet

Mental Health & Well-Being

Lifeline Crisis Support. Suicide Prevention

NSW Health Mental Health Line

Rural Adversity Mental Health Program

You Got This Mate

Hunter New England and Central Coast Primary Health Network Grant up to $10 000 for activities that promote wellbeing in the community

Support for Businesses

National Bushfire Recovery Agency – Rebuilding Relief for Australia’s Primary Producers

Resilience NSW – Recovery Support Fact Sheet

$10 000 Grant Opportunity for Small Business Media Release – Apply HERE

Service NSW Business Concierge

NSW Government Business Connect

Bushfire Industry Recovery Package

Support for Farmers

Local Land Services – Funding available for natural resource management projects on farm

Department of Primary Industries

Support for Individuals & Families

Bushfire Rebuild – Koala Habitat Exemption

Vinnies NSW Community Bushfire Grant

Disaster Relief Grants Fact Sheet

Good360 is a matchmaker, connecting surplus retail product to Australians in need, particularly during disaster relief

Service NSW – Bushfire Customer Care Service

Training Services NSW

Salvation Army – Money Care

Westpac Bushfire Recovery Support Package

Community Recovery Information

Media Release – Donations – Tenterfield’s Fire Emergency

Clean Up

Scrap Metal Collection

Bushfire Clean-up and Waste Management Information Sheet

Make Safe and Clean Up Program – Media Release from Laing O’Rourke

Office of Emergency Management Fact Sheets

SafeWork NSW – Property Hazards Following a Bushfire Fact Sheet

NSW Government – Fact Tradies – Fact Sheet


Practical Advice about the Planning System and Rebuilding Process after Bushfire

Fire Information

If you are on Facebook, follow NSW Disaster Recovery Facebook page

And monitor the NSW Emergency Page

For up to date local information on fires, please go to Fires Near Me

Download the Red Cross Get Prepared App

Rural Fire Services

RFS website links below:

Legal Aid NSW

Legal Aid NSW can give you free legal advice if you are affected by storms, floods, or bushfires in New South Wales. For example, we can help if:

  • your home has been damaged by floods or fire (help is available to both owner and tenant)
  • you have insurance or repair problems
  • your job has been affected by the floods or fires
  • you need help renegotiating credit commitments due to loss of income from the disaster

What you should do – insurance claims

The insurance claims process can be tricky. Remember that you always have a right to lodge a claim and also to have your refused claim reviewed internally or independently at the Financial Ombudsman Service – your rights exist even where your insurer doesn’t agree with you.

So it’s a good idea to lodge an insurance claim even if you are unsure about the cover.

Keep a record of damage – take photos and videos where possible.

Carefully check the wording of their insurance policy and, if in doubt, get legal advice before speaking to claims assessors, who usually visit on site.

Make sure that premiums have been paid in full, or are up to date, before lodging any claim because premium shortfalls may affect payment.

Your home insurance policy may cover the costs of your temporary accommodation if you can no longer live in your home. Check with your insurer as early as possible.

If your insurer doesn’t agree with you about your claim, ask them to put their refusal in writing to you with reasons. You should get legal advice if you are unsure about your cover.

Contact us

People affected by natural disaster can contact LawAccess NSW’s dedicated Disaster Response Hotline 1800 801 529, visit our closest Legal Aid office, or contact the Insurance Law Service.

RoadInfo – Road Conditions for Northern NSW

Real Time Road Infomation for Northern NSW.

RoadInfo includes road information on the following Shire Council areas:

  • Tenterfield
  • Ballina
  • Byron
  • Kyogle
  • Tweed
  • Lismore
  • Clarence Valley
  • Richmond Valley